Digitising Social Care (digitisingsocialcare.co.uk) is managed by the Digitising Social Care team in the NHS Transformation Directorate and funded by the Department of Health and Social Care.
The Department of Health and Social Care is the data controller for all pages on digitisingsocialcare.co.uk
If you follow a link to a service provided by another government department, integrated care system or other organisation, then that organisation will:
- be the data controller
- be responsible for processing any data you share with them
- publish and manage their own privacy notice with details of how to contact them
A data controller determines how and why personal data is processed. For more information, read the Cabinet Office’s entry in the Data Protection Public Register.
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact digitisingsocialcare.co.uk
- your email address if you sign up to the Digitising Social Care newsletter
- how you use our emails - for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Where you provide your consent, we use Google Analytics cookies. Google Analytics processes information about:
- the pages you visit on GOV.UK
- how long you spend on each GOV.UK page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We make sure you cannot be directly identified by Google Analytics data. We do this by using Google Analytics’ IP address anonymisation feature and by removing any other personal data from the titles or URLs of the pages you visit.
We will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would directly identify who you are.
Find out more about how we use Google Analytics and Cookies
Why we need your data
We collect your personal data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send newsletters to users who request them
- provide you with information about local services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
- monitor the performance of the site to identify inefficiencies
We use the information we collect through Google Analytics to see how you use digitisingsocialcare.co.uk and to see how well the site performs on your device.
We do this to help:
- make sure digitisingsocialcare.co.uk is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements
- make performance improvements, for example improving page load time and data usage
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of digitisingsocialcare.co.uk
The legal basis for processing data collected with Google Analytics on digitisingsocialcare.co.uk.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our functions as a government department
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other government departments, agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law - for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
The data we collect with Google Analytics cookies is transferred and stored with Google where we analyse it with Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics). We do not allow Google to use or share this data for their own purposes.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document or for as long as the law requires us to.
- keep your email data until you unsubscribe
- keep your feedback data for 2 years
- delete access log data which contain your IP address after 120 days
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data - for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Links to other websites
digitisingsocialcare.co.uk contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to digitisingsocialcare.co.uk, and does not cover other government services that we link to. These services have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to digitisingsocialcare.co.uk from another website
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the Digitising Social Care team if:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is the data controller for the website and the Data Protection Officer is Lee Cramp who can be contacted:
Department of Health and Social Care
39 Victoria Street
London SW1H 0EU
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator.
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, the Department of Health and Social Care will take reasonable steps to let you know.