Digital champions awareness session - Yorkshire, The Humber, and North East
Date and time
Skills for Care are building a community of digital champions for the adult social care sector.
This awareness session aims to give you an understanding about the role and how it can support your organisation’s digital journey, your workforce and the people who are accessing care and support.
You will hear how existing digital champions are currently working in the adult social care sector and the positive impact this has had on the delivery of care services. You will also be introduced to resources that can support you to implement digital champions and the learning and development digital champions can access.
This session is open to anyone who is interested in the role of digital champions. As a result of this session you will:
- Know more about digital champions
- Be more aware of how you could become a digital champion or develop your skills as an existing digital champion
- Have been signposted to resources and contacts relevant to your local area
What is a digital champion?
Digital champions are individuals who work in the adult social care sector, who are approachable and share enthusiasm and knowledge of digital tools with colleagues and people who access care and support in an easy-to-understand way.
They support and empower staff to use digital tools more effectively themselves and have increased confidence, understanding and motivation.
What does the role entail?
The role is an informal role that can be integrated into your work life. It is not intended to take priority over your main role and is as much about attitude and behaviours as it is about skills. It is not to take on the role of an IT technician or specialist.
Digital Champions increase skills and confidence by:
- Listening - Understanding the individual, empathising with their needs and concerns
- Signposting - providing direction, knowing when and who to signpost to for further information and learning resources for self-learning.
- Mentoring - Provide support for the individual; plan learning and provide guidance at their pace to your own knowledge limited, while empowering people to do it for themselves.
- Advocating - You keep up to date with what is happening in the technology landscape, are curious about technology and share technology innovation and best practice with your team.
This session will be run on Zoom.